The Team at Dance Space Sunbury are taking the outbreak of Coronavirus very seriously. We are keeping up to date on advice from the Department of Health and in doing so have established a Policy, which is effective immediately.
Dance Space Sunbury Policy on Coronavirus (COVID – 19).
– Minimal numbers in Reception area. The best practice in these times would be to drop off your children and avoid waiting around. We ask for your patience and understanding on this matter as we wish to prevent any potential spread of bacteria.
– Our teachers will be diligent in promoting good hygiene which includes the use of hand sanitisers before/after/during class times (if students are being assisted in close range). Students are also being spoken to about how to be hygienic and setting personal boundaries.
– Staff are ensuring all busy surfaces (door handles, sinks, benches etc) are sterilised multiple times throughout each night to decrease the risk of transmission.
– If your child is unwell, please do not attend classes. Even if it is just a minor cold, its better to be safe than sorry. We understand this can be super frustrating and we love seeing your kids in class but we need to protect others from getting unwell ed-hrvatski.com. Please note: If teachers notice any symptoms, you will be called and asked to collect them.
– If you or your child has been in contact with anyone affected by Coronavirus, please do not come to class.
– Encourage children to wash their hands thoroughly with soap and water and sing “Happy Birthday” twice while they are doing so.
What is Novel Coronavirus (COVID – 19)?
Coronavirus is a new virus that can cause infection in people, including a severe respiratory infection.
Symptoms may include: Fever, cough, sore throat, breathing difficulties, shortness of breath, fatigue.
The current ‘Health and Human Services’ of Victoria state the following ways to prevent transmission.
‘Practice respiratory hygiene’
1. Wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds, including your wrists. If unsure if they are clean, wash them again. Dry thoroughly.
2. Try not to touch your face, eyes and mouth.
3. Cover your mouth when you sneeze and cough. Use a tissue or cough/sneeze into your elbow. Wash your hands as above.
4. Alcoholic hand sanitisers do NOT protect individuals from Coronavirus, only bacteria and some other viruses, so it is imperative you clean hands with soap and water and use sanitiser as a backup. You must wash your hands if soiled.
5. If you use hand sanitisers please purchase with at least 60% alcohol. It is a good backup.
6. Please see your GP or a local health care facility if you are unwell.
7. Face masks are not necessary at this stage unless you have symptoms.
8. Avoid close contact with others.
Thank you for your patience. We value the health and safety of everyone in the Dance Space Sunbury community.
Dancing is in full force and we will endeavour to keep parents updated if anything changes.-Regards, The Team atDance Space Sunbury